Product Launch Date:29/07/2007
This is JOINT LIFE POLICY. The policies under this plan are issued on the lives of husband and wife provided both lives are gainfully employed. In Joint Life Insurance, the same insurance policy covers two individuals. This helps them to save and avoid delays in giving two different sets of premiums. Joint Life Insurance is the hassle-free way to make yourself and your loved one’s (partner) life secure mutually. To secure both husband and wife’s lives in one single policy in low premium comparatively to the individual policy company has launched JEEVAN SARATHI BEEMA YOZANA.
- Age at Entry: 18 years to 50 years
- Maximum Maturity Age: 65 years
- Terms of Policy: 15 years to 30 years
- Minimum Sum Assured: NRs. 5,000
- Rider Benefit: Only ADB and CI benefit is available (ADB/PTD/PWB is not applicable)
- Maximum Sum Assured: Depending upon the source of income
- Premium Payment Mode: Quarterly, Half-Yearly, and Yearly
- Policy loan shall be available after the policy acquires paid-up/surrender value. Policy Loan shall be a maximum of 90% of the surrender value.
- On both of the lives Assured or anyone surviving to the date of Maturity: FULL SUM ASSURED ALONG WITH VESTED BONUSES will be paid.
- In case of death of any of the Life Assured during the term of the policy (before maturity) , Basic Sum Assured will be paid to the surviving Life Assured as well remaining premium will be waived and at the end of the policy Term SUM ASSURED + BONUS from the beginning will be paid to the surviving one.
- In case of death of both Life Assured during the term of the policy, FULL SUM ASSURED ALONG WITH VESTED BONUSES will be paid to the nominee/ beneficiary.
- If Both Life Assureds has taken ADB benefit and in case of demise of both lives die simultaneously as a result of accident or die within the specified period as a result of the same accident or if the second life also dies in the same policy year as a result of another accident, ADB benefit will be available in respect of both lives .
Optional Benefits (Rider Benefits):
With payment of additional premium, following additional benefits can be taken:
2. Accidental Death Benefit (ADB) Only:
This is a rider benefit which offers protection on occurrence of death of the policyholder due to accident.
It can be taken with payment of additional Rs. 1 per thousand per life. In case of death due to accident, additional benefit equal to basic sum assured or maximum Rs. 1,00,00,000 whichever is less is payable to the beneficiary of assured.
3. Critical Illness Benefit:
This is a Rider benefit. If the life assured is diagnosed with specific illness defined under this plan during the policy term, lump sum amount equal to basic sum assured or maximum up to Rs. 50,00,000 will be paid to the insured. Undermentioned conditions should be followed to have Critical Illness.
Entry age: Minimum 18, Maximum: 65, Policy maturity age: 70, Coverage: Minimum Rs.50, 000, Maximum: Rs. 50,00,000, Policy Term: Minimum 5 Years to Maximum 20 years.
Risk Not Covered by Insurance
If the death of the insured is directly or indirectly due to any of the following reasons, the amount to be paid under the insurance policy is not as per the sum assured mentioned in the schedule but if there is any surrender value of the insurance policy, only that amount will be paid.
In the following cases, claims will be excluded for consideration.
- Engaging in aviation other than as a fare paying passenger on a regular route of a recognized aviation service
- Any war-like operations (whether war be declared or not), riot, civil commotion, rebellion or invasion
- Any breach of civil or military law
- Suicide, whether sane or insane, within two years after the date of commencement of assurance.
Except for the risks mentioned above, this policy will not restrict migration, travel, or occupation abroad.
If any dispute arises under this policy, it will be solved in accordance with the insurance Act, 2049.