Join us as an
Manager – Alternate Investment (1)
As part of an alternate investment team, you will help company in assessing equity investment across the sector which will ensure risk diversification, consistency of dividend returns and value creation in the long term. The equity investment shall be subjected to the sector which complements life insurance industry. The equity investment has been divided into two parts: Equity Investment and Investment Management. The equity investment deals with the infusion of equity into the investee companies whereas the investment management deals with managing those investments and provide its suggestions review to the senior management & Investment committee through strategic options like increase stake/hold/divest.
We are looking for Investment Managers with expertise in Equity Valuations. The chosen candidate will report to and collaborate closely with the senior management to optimize returns and must be well-versed in investment guidelines as stipulated by Nepal Insurance Authority (NIA), market knowledge, possess stellar communication skills, and uphold a strong work ethic. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a prominent company and develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring, and learning & development.
Key Responsibility Area (KRA’s)
- Equity Investment: Playing a lead role in the evaluation of various investment opportunities across industries and making clear and well-informed recommendations and proposals to the Investment Committee based on the results of the team's due diligence and analysis. Need Identification of Nepal Life terms of risk and return profile to ensure potential industry/sector/companies are identified for investments which shall ensure the objectives of alternate investment is achieved. The target company’s is assessed through stringent due diligence process covering operational, financial and legal. Using valuation metrics which are prevalent based on the industry, market practices ensuring the right value proposition is offered for the equity stake. Represent the organization at industry conferences, workshops, and networking events to foster relationships and gain market insights.
- Investment management: Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to our as well as the client's business and report to the senior management & Investment Committee. Monitor financial performance of the holding portfolio and identifying areas that could be improved and organize regular investment reports and reviews, including quantitative and qualitative portfolio studies with strong financial acumen, displaying financial valuations and analysis. Proper reporting to the management & Investment Committee in terms of overall operations of the portfolio companies including critical aspects which requires strategic decision making. Ensure the performance of the investee companies is as per the agreed business plan and highlight the key deviation if any Recommend the strategic calls like increase stake/hold/divest based on the economic trends, demands, performance of the companies Return on equity should be monitored as against the traditional investments to ensure the effectiveness of the decisions.
Desirable Skills: To qualify for the role, you must have CFA/MBA (Finance)/CA/ACCA with 10-15 years of related work experience
- Strong knowledge of finance, macro and business drivers, and valuation methodologies
- Proficient in building complex financial models and various valuation approaches such as DCF, SOTP, IRR (both Project and Equity), Transaction comparable, Weighted Average Valuation and Valuation Sensitivity, Deal evaluation, Information memorandum / Pitch book for investors etc.
- Prior experience of working either in Portfolio Management companies, Investment banking, corporate finance, Financial research companies, PEVC companies (especially on the Buy-side )
- The individual must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively in presentations in an organized and articulate manner.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for further process. The Company reserves the right to reject any/all application without assigning any reason whatsoever. Any incomplete application shall not be accepted. There will be multiple rounds involved in the selection process: Technical, Presentation, Panel Interview & Final round of interview.
To Apply : Individuals wishing to apply for the position should fill up the online form and attach related documents (scanned copy) or physically drop the documents in the HR Department, Nepal Life Insurance Company Ltd, Corporate Office, Kamaladi (Ktm).
The deadline for applications is 17:00hrs March 7, 2024.
Personal or telephonic enquiries will not be entertained. Candidates lobbying for the position will be automatically disqualified
Join us as an
Guide our valued customers through your beneficial advice. To join us as an advisor at Nepal Life Insurance, Click on Proceed.